When you have worked with Schlitterbahn for 19 years, you may know a little something about waterpark rides. For Keith Fontenot, General Manager of Schlitterbahn Kansas City Waterpark, riding a wave, or rafting uphill is all in a day’s work! To ensure that you get the most out of your trip to Schlitterbahn Kansas City, I asked Keith to give me his top five rides:
1. Boogie Bahn – It’s the only ride that you can get better at! The first time you ride it, you may wipe out, but after many tries, you can learn to conquer this ride and get better. It is so much fun to catch a wave in the middle of the Midwest!
(Lessons are available, Call 913.312.3110.) NOTE: the first Kansas City Boogie Bahn Competition is July 4, 2013 and is part of our National Boogie Bahn Tour.
2. Torrent River – This river adventure lets you and your family enjoy a fun-filled float around a cavernous river with waves pushing you around this 15 minute float.
3. King Kaw – What better than to go on a float adventure with your family? You can enjoy a white water tubing adventure throughout the waterpark. The only thing that could make this better would be a cool beverage at the end.
4. Twister – A head first mat ride, that truly is an adventure, twisting turns and a great final drop to finish it out. Your tummy will take time to catch up with you as your race down the Twister.
5. Storm Blaster – The only uphill coaster experience in the Midwest, you ride up a long conveyor, only to drop down into the slide. Only at Schlitterbahn can you ride on water uphill!
Keith Fontenot is a Schlitterbahn veteran who began his career in the spring of 1994 as a lifeguard. He has been the General Manager of Schlitterbahn Kansas City Waterpark and is a talented Boogie Boarder!