Sneak Peek Into Off-Season 2020 Schlitterbahn Enhancements
As we slide into a new era under Cedar Fair ownership, we’re gearing up for an exciting 2020 season. And of course we’re thrilled the Hottest, Coolest Time in Texas is finally here! As we open our waterparks for the first full season as a part of the Cedar Fair family, we want to share what’s new and different with you. Here’s what you can expect when visiting a Schlitterbahn waterpark during the 2020 season.
Park Enhancements: Cedar Fair is investing millions to update and refresh areas of the waterpark, while retaining the valued hospitality, genuine spirit and heritage of the Schlitterbahn brand that guests have come to appreciate over the years. Our Bahn Crew has been working hard during the off-season to help make 2020 better than ever for our guests.
- In New Braunfels you can expect to see freshly painted attractions, updated restrooms, upgraded food locations, three new air-conditioned buses, new signage and resort renovations.
- The Galveston park will look noticeably different from the moment you first walk up to the entrance. We are eliminating admissions wristbands and allowing guests a scan and enter option for those who purchased tickets in advance helping to expedite entry into the park. You will see fresh paint, upgraded food locations, restroom updates and new signage.
- Schlitterbahn Galveston will be open February 29 through October 11th in 2020. Spring Break Indoor operations runs from March 7 – 22. Our off season will begin October 12, a few weeks earlier than last year. This earlier start to the off-season gives us the necessary time to deliver park enhancements, important attraction maintenance and upgrades that our guests have told us they value most. While it’s always a big decision to adjust operating schedules like this, we believe that the capital improvements to enhance our guests’ experience will be worth it. We’re excited about updates and additions in 2021.
- Schlitterbahn New Braunfels opens its gates for Blastenhoff only operations for Spring Break from March 7 – 15, 21 and 22. It then reopens with limited operations on weekends starting April 11th (it’s also open on Good Friday, April 10th). Full park opening on weekends begins April 25th.
Safety and Security Enhancements at both parks: We appreciate your patience and understanding as we implement our new standards and policies to best help you soak up the sun while staying safe.
- Life Jackets: At Schlitterbahn, our goal is for you to have a safe and enjoyable visit. To enhance the safety of our younger guests, a new life jacket policy will go into effect starting at the beginning of the 2020 season. Life jackets will be required for all children who are less than 48” tall while enjoying river attractions and wave pools. Children who are less than 42” tall must also be accompanied within arm’s reach by a supervising companion at least 14 years of age. Life jackets are complimentary and are available at our water entrances. Aquatics staff and lifeguards will be on hand to assist with height measurements and distribution of life jackets. Guests are permitted to wear their own life jacket; however, it must be Coast Guard certified.
- Security Upgrades: We take safety seriously at Schlitterbahn and want each of our guests to know that we are taking every precaution to protect you and your family, so you can focus on the fun and making memories. As such, guests will now enter the park through security screen check points inclusive of metal detectors and bag checks.
- Cooler Policy: Schlitterbahn’s popular family-friendly cooler policy is back for the 2020 season. As a reminder, guests are welcome to bring coolers into the park for free, however, alcohol and glass containers are not permitted. All coolers and picnic supplies are checked upon entry.
Summer 2020 is right around the corner and we are thrilled to share a few of the enhancements implemented for the season. You’ll notice it when nature calls, when hunger strikes, when fun is to be had, and as you eagerly await to safely enter the park.