As the only location with a decent pirate ship in most locales, Schlitterbahn Waterparks is providing some much needed *expertise on pirate culture for area residents celebrating International Talk Like a Pirate Day on Thursday. Keep these tips in mind as you celebrate:
- Remember cap’n, share ye funnel cake with ye scurvy crew, lest they mutiny.
- When wearing ye parrot, keep said bird on yer right shoulder – if ye be left handed.
- Yer cutlas should be on yer left hip – if ye be right handed. Mind ye don’t injure ye parrot.
- Hooks, while fashionable accessories, should ner be used fer marshmallow toasting.
- Walking da plank should not be confused with planking. Arrr.
- Ye may bring your booty in ye ice filled treasure chest, but leave ye grog and rum on land.
- Be wary of crocs in da waters, th’ young’uns are quick to lay claim to da beasts.
In honor of Talk Like a Pirate Day, Schlitterbahn encourages everyone to channel their inner scurvy dog and visit the International Talk Like a Pirate Day website for tips on how to sound just like a scallywag.
*Seriously, we just made all this up.