Galveston: The Guardians of Summer
Oh, summer you cannot be matched by any other season. You are a beacon of hope and joy, a symbol of freedom from the tyrannical scholastic system. DJ Jazzy Jeff and Fresh Prince described it so perfectly in their hit single “Summertime” back in 1991. “School is out there’s sort of buzz, but back then I didn’t really know what it was.”
That buzz- Galveston knows what it is and they’re not letting it go without a fight. They are the true rebels of Schlitterbahn, the Guardians of summer. Schlitterbahn Galveston Waterpark WILL extend your summer buzz.
Here are the top 10 ways Galveston Defies Fall:
10. Outdoor is open on the weekends until October 12th! I mean, why not? It’s still hot as hell until Christmas in Texas. http://bit.ly/1qRbjdr
9. And after that…we fold out our convertible roof and stay open! Indoor season y’all.
8. Yeah, whatever we get it… it’s Thanksgiving and you’re thinking about Pumpkin Pie instead of summertime lemonade, but we’re still floating down rivers and sliding down slides. Jealous?
7. We never really cared for pie anyways…we’re still rocking the Dippin’ Dots.
6. Just like a pro, we can’t afford to miss out on practicing our moves on the Boogie Bahn. Fall is prime time to perfect our skills! Second place might as well be last place in a competition.
5. Because where else between riding rides can you hang with Frosty and some of his friends.
4. Why go shopping at the mall on Black Friday with your mom when you can hang with us at the waterpark?
3. Create some Christmas bling for your tree and win something for it! Make an ornament, photograph it and post it on instagram. I mean, you’re already posting every other photo there, why not your tree art?
2. Snowing while swimming sounds like a family vacay gone wrong. Not in Galveston!
1. Why sit on Santa’s lap and give him your laundry list of things you want, when you can surf with him?
Just a few ways in which Galveston doesn’t play by the waterpark handbook. Stay tuned for more.
For information of all Holiday Events: http://bit.ly/1peM0N1
For tickets and season passes: http://bit.ly/PzxWT1