As you may have noticed by now, here at Schlitterbahn we have been trying to compile a list of the top five rides/attractions from each of our five waterparks. At Schlitterbahn Galveston Island, having fun is a year-long business. With part of the park being indoors and heated, you can enjoy some of the rides even in the middle of winter. Adrianne Newman, Director of Operations at Schlitterbahn GI, gave us her list of her top five must-do rides at the park!
- “It’s the world’s tallest water coaster! Enough said.” Massiv is 81 ft and 6.75 inches tall, making it the record breaker for tallest water coaster. To get to the top, you have to climb over 120 steps. The slide is about 3 football fields in length if it were stretched out side to side.
- “The drop makes me scream every time!” The Travel Channel featured Rohr on the show “Xtreme Waterparks,” so keep that in mind when you get ready to ride. Rohr is a body slide (the pink one below) that takes a vertical plunge from the top of a 70 ft tall tower, down a 244 foot-long slide to the bottom. Speeds can reach up to 30 mph!
- Faust und Furious. “It’s a super-fast speed slide!” Faust und Furious (below in blue) is technically two slides, which means you can race your friends to the bottom. Located on the same tower as Rohr, these slides were also seen on Travel Channel’s Xtreme Waterparks. Starting at 60ft in the air, you’ll slide through steep spirals down 300ft to the bottom.
- “It’s a slide you can ride with multiple people!” The Wolfpack is a staple at Schlitterbahn, and a similar ride can be found at more than one of our other locations. At Galveston, it involves a 3 person raft that spins and slides down an extra wide slide. It’s a great way to get most of your family enjoying a ride all at once.
- Torrent River. “The waves on this attraction are super fun!” The Torrent River is another one of those traditional Schlitterbahn attractions. A fan favorite, we have an iteration of the Torrent at 4 out of 5 of our parks! (It’s also on the list of favorites at the Kansas City Schlitterbahn) It’s a combination of a wave pool and a lazy river, and at Schlitterbahn Galveston, it lets you float around the park without ever getting out of the water!