If you’re a fan of Schlitterbahn, you’re well aware of our Iconic New Braunfels Castle– Schlitterbahn opened with four water slides built around a 60-foot tall replica of the Bergfried Tower, the guard tower of the Solms Castle in Braunfels, Germany.
BUT, do you know about the dragon that protects all of Surfenburg?!
Here is everything you need to know about the Dragon…and the ride that has become a must-do and a Schlitterbahn Classic: Dragon’s Revenge!
1. Dragon’s Revenge is the World’s First Uphill Water Coaster! #humblebrag
2. Schlitterbahn celebrated its 15th anniversary with a major expansion in the Surfenburg section which included the Dragon Blaster in 1994.
3. Dragon’s Revenge was later re-themed in 2008, having a new birthday of 5/15/08
4. The queue is separate from the ride. You’ll wait at the bottom by the Boogie Bahn for your tube! Once you have your tube in hand you’ll head up to the ride to face the Dragon!
5. Dragon’s Revenge is one of our most popular rides… So you’re going to want to make it a priority in the morning!
6. Do not fear, Dragon’s Revenge is not a boring line! You typically get splashed in line while waiting… Which is the best feeling in the world on a hot, summer day! #refreshing
7. Dragon’s Revenge tubes are the only tubes at Schlitterbahn that are green! They’re legit!
8. Check out this POV of Dragon’s Revenge put together by the YouTube sensation Grav3yard Girl!
Want more?… Come get your revenge this summer! Dragon included!
Want your waterpark pictures and experiences shared on our blog? Tag @schlitterbahnwaterparks in your instagram photos and we will feature photos weekly!
For a complete list of rides at Schlitterbahn New Braunfels click here.