We are loving everyone’s enthusiasm over Verrückt, our newest baby in Kansas City! However, we can’t help but notice there is a lot of misunderstanding as to what this ride entails and how it will be operated. We want to address some of your concerns and questions. So in no particular order, here are the top 5 misconceptions about Verrückt.
- NO Wedgies! This is not a body slide folks…that would be INSANE. Verrückt is a 4 person raft ride.
- Enclosed? Sort of. It’s more like a tunnel enclosed by netting. A la the Master Blaster.
- Are you going to test it first? It should go without saying, but let’s say it anyway – absolutely. First of all, we built a scale model of the ride a year ago. That scale model built by our development team was tested, and the lessons learned in the test were incorporated into the design of the full scale Verrückt. This Spring Verrückt will undergo another round of extensive testing and the waterslide designer himself – Jeff Henry (one of the owners of Schlitterbahn) – will be among the first riders during testing. Schlitterbahn has invented numerous water rides, and we test each one long before any guest gets near it. When we open Verrückt it will have completed testing and be ready for those courageous enough to ride.
- Seat belts. Yup. Everyone will be strapped in nice and snug.
- Is this a ride for everyone? Absolutely not. I mean, is sky diving for everyone? If you’re afraid of heights or simply not a roller coaster enthusiast then you’ll probably want to sit this one out. Be sure to read the safety signs posted at the bottom before you decide to walk the 264 steps to the top. Don’t worry, we’ve got plenty of other rides for you!
Hopefully, this helps answer some of your questions and squelch some of your fears. Anything else we can answer for you? Except for the exact height. We will be announcing that sometime in late April – stay tuned!
Enjoy this fun info-graphic we put together on Verrückt
Verrückt will also be featured on the Travel Channel. The exclusive one-hour special following the design and construction of the world’s tallest water slide, Verrückt in Kansas City, KS, will launch a new season of “Xtreme Waterparks” on Travel Channel this summer. The special features waterpark innovator Jeff Henry.