Did you know that before Schlitterbahn was a Waterpark it was a resort along the banks of a beautiful river? The founders of Schlitterbahn thought, hey wouldn’t it be great if the guests staying with us had a great place to play? And Schlitterbahn was born.
Now, more than 30 years later, Schlitterbahn Waterparks are the main attraction, but at Schlitterbahn New Braunfels, Schlitterbahn South Padre Island, AND coming soon to Schlitterbahn Upper Padre (in Corpus Christi) our guests can Stay and Play all over Texas!
Schlitterbahn Resorts are open ALL YEAR LONG. But when the waterparks open the fun gets turned up. Every guest staying with us while the waterpark is open gets the Stay and Play package with their room. So with the stay you get to play in the park. -Oh but it is so much more fun than that!! The package at each park includes, early entry into certain areas of the park, Extended Ride Time on the Boogie Bahn (New Braunfels Only), night access to hot tubs and swim up bars, easy access to the beach (South Padre Only), and an arcade (NB). Plus many more exclusive activities only resort guests can enjoy.
For the ultimate scoop on Stay and Play at Schlitterbahn New Braunfels Waterpark and Resort check out the interview and tips in this article. You can take a virtual tour of Schlitterbahn Beach Resort on South Padre Island here. Our team is constantly coming up with new ways to make our resort guests feel special. Schlitterbahn Upper Padre may be the best resort yet!
Resort Tips and Tricks:
- When you arrive to the Resort on your check-in day, make sure to first stop by the Resort office to receive your Resort wristband and room key. Even though check-in is a 4 p.m., you can get your key beforehand and it will automatically allow you into your room after 4 p.m.
- You can also arrive as early as 8 a.m. on check-in day to pick up your early ride time band for Blastenhoff or just to enjoy the water park before you go to your resort room! (During our peak season be ready to wait in line with other resort guests.)
- The Resort check-in may last up to 10 minutes in order for our front desk attendants to explain the Resort amenities. This is a lengthy process because we want to make sure guests can fully enjoy their time at the park without having to stop by the front desk.
- A good time to stay at the Resort during Stay and Play season is Mondays through Thursdays. It’s also recommended you stay two nights, this way you enjoy three full days at the waterpark!
- Prepare for lots and lots of walking. If you need to, I would suggest purchasing some type of water shoe in order to protect your feet from the hot ground (for more waterpark tips, check this post).
- For lower room rates and a better time at the waterpark, consider booking your stay prior to the third week in June and late in the season after the kids go back to school. (Remember: If you book your room at the last minute, you’re going to pay a higher price!)
- If you have any special requirements or want to book a room in a certain section, it’s always better to call the resort to reserve your room than to book online. For example: If you want to stay as close to the Master Blaster as possible, call the Resort to book a room at our Riverside Cabins! (For more on specific rooms available, check these posts.)
- We have video that explains the process, you can watch it here.